Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Plus My Interviews are Hotter... Holler"



A while back we nicked off to Sydney for a show with Snob Scrilla and a million others to welcome Sean of SS back to Australia and celebrate the release of his debut album (which you should cop if you haven't).

We were asked to interview each other (as in X interviews Hell and vice versa) for Sydney street press. I've posted the interview below as so many people enjoyed it.

X to HELL

Q: Weapon X: So, apart from our label paying for us, why would we make the trek from Melbourne to perform at Snob Scrilla's album launch?

A: Ken Hell: There is no drinking like interstate drinking, it's the whole no consequences thing, although Facebook makes drunken pantless photos coming to light more probable. Oh and I heard Snob Scrilla has good rap dancers. Plus we were drunk when we okayed it... and we keep our word. Well I do. I keep our word.

X: So tell the people, in lieu of our first choice Let Me Have Sex At You why did we call the album Million Dollar Sex Party?

KH: Well why did your mum call you your name? Shit, Million Dollar Sex Party is better than your name. You should change your name to Million Dollar Sex Party.

X: Okay. Apart from meeting guys, why do you go to the gym so much?

KH: I don't, I just say I do. I really go to the Veneto Club in Bulleen and play Bocce with old wogs. Which is also a lie because all the old wogs tell their wives they do that but really we all go to the bar and drink ourselves stupid while they tell stories of the old country.

X: Who would you invite to a Million Dollar Sex Party? And before you say anything, mine would be Rosario Dawson, that hot one from Misteeq, every girl from the "Where are you Yeezy" blogs. Oh and Tom Jones.

KH: Peter Griffin and the girl from Total Recall with three tits!

X: If you can recall it, whats the worst way you have broken up with a girl?

KH: Hey babe if your reading this interview just know that it’s not you it’s me. It’s really you but yeah.... Um.... sorry it’s over.

HELL to X

Ken Hell: Hey, apart from me, who is featuring on our album again?

Weapon X: Paris Wells came through for us. GMC did his thing. A handful of musicians made it sound better. We did that song with Diesel. Or you did. Keeping all the good features for yourself again. Shazam hooked us up major. Hang on, why did Diesel end up on your solo shit? That's some real underhanded shit man. You're lucky this isn't a face to face interview over lunch or I would fart in your food. Your no carbs, no sugar meal.

KH: Don’t get all offended or anything but why do you play so much Street Fighter 4?

X: Because it's awesome and I'm awesome at it. St Flames is the gamertag people. Get some.

KH: I am pretty drunk now, so I forget, but when does our album come out?

X: I'm told May 29th. I'm also told it will most likely make such an impact that May 29th could subsequently replace Christmas. It’s also your birthday.

KH: Yay me. I think we have some sort of affinity with Snob Scrilla, why is that? And you can’t say Twitter.

X: I'm pretty sure we're all sick of the word urban for one. Oh yeah, and we're sick of 'rap hands'. You know those awkward gestures people do when they hear you like rap music? That retard thing. Awesome when people at radio do that. I weep for the future.

KH: What’s the best sneaker of all time?

X: I dunno. I've starting wearing tighter pants to show off my junk and now my Jordans make my feet look too big. Why are all these hipster kids wearing what look like canvas slippers these days? I can't co-sign that shit.

KH: Do you reckon we should start a supergroup with us, Snob Scrilla and the other 100 DJ’s playing at this launch and call ourselves the Sickc*nts?

X: I think as soon as you dub something a supergroup you're doomed to under-deliver. Lets run with that group name, but let’s just call it a half-assed-practice-group and watch the stunned reviews roll in as we deliver slightly better than average music.

No comments:

Post a Comment